Sunday, September 6, 2009

Just a few pictures.....I've been very lax about posting, lately!
The flower gardens are starting to look rather ragged and it's actually been cold for a few mornings. A little North of us, they have already had a frost! Fall is in the air! It's my favorite time of year, though...crisp mornings, no bugs, no humidity!
I know it also means that winter will be nipping at us before you know it, but I'll enjoy this time and prepare my list of breeding groups and change my mind a few times.....and change it back again!
Fall is a time to gather and prepare.....fill the pantry, stack the wood, prepare the garden beds for winter, put up some more hay, etc, etc, etc! I've finished putting up my jams and pickles and Ken has finished digging his potatoes. The pumpkins are growing, as are the butternut squash, and will be ready to put up in the cellar for later in the year. It's a good feeling....getting ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ken and I live on a small farm in Center Sandwich, New Hampshire in an area surrounded by lakes and mountains. We have 30 Shetland sheep , 2 llamas...Sam and Tim, 3 dogs, 40+ chickens and an assortment of ducks, geese and guinea hens. Life is sometimes hectic, but always good at Kindred Spirit Farm!

Followers

Blog Archive