Saturday, April 10, 2010

New lamb.....pictures to follow!

Okay....I have TRIED to call the new little Romney lamb "Quasar", but it just doesn't fit and he looks sooo much like his Dad that I think we are going to call him little Simon....just like Dad. He has a new friend/sister, April, who was born this afternoon. Blossom ( the Finn/Romney cross) had a really cute, jet black ewe lamb around two o'clock! I really thought that she would give us twins...being a Finn cross and all, but I'm glad for a healthy little ewe....or should I say "big" ewe. The Shetland "gang" is running circles around Simon, but he hippity hops along and kind of looks lost, but happy. I just LOVE his "smile" (see last post) Doesn't he look like he's smiling for the camera? I'll post some more pictures tomorrow......maybe we will have some more Shetlands, but in the meantime I'll be sure to post April's picture in the morning when I can see straight! It's been a busy day and I'm ready to hit the hay....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ken and I live on a small farm in Center Sandwich, New Hampshire in an area surrounded by lakes and mountains. We have 30 Shetland sheep , 2 llamas...Sam and Tim, 3 dogs, 40+ chickens and an assortment of ducks, geese and guinea hens. Life is sometimes hectic, but always good at Kindred Spirit Farm!

Followers