Thursday, September 2, 2010

Heat wave!

Yup...it's been pretty toasty around these parts...they say it's hot enough to breed sheep. (I don't get that??) Don't we wait for the cool Fall air to get things moving along? Well, I'll tell you what! I'm ready! Yes, our winters are long (sometimes a bit too long) but COME ON.....this is ridiculous! It's September and "we're having a HEAT WAVE....a tropical heat wave". ENOUGH! It's time for "autumn leaves" or at the very least a nice "Cool breeze, Mon". I feel like I'm in Jamaica...might as well have a nice Jamaican rum punch on the patio (okay, the porch) and sit under an umbrella and watch the palm trees sway (how about the maples?) I know we're supposed to be watching for the approaching weather system, "Hurricane Earl", but I think I may send him a personal invitation.....if he promises to bring a change in the weather.....it's time for Fall....my favorite time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ken and I live on a small farm in Center Sandwich, New Hampshire in an area surrounded by lakes and mountains. We have 30 Shetland sheep , 2 llamas...Sam and Tim, 3 dogs, 40+ chickens and an assortment of ducks, geese and guinea hens. Life is sometimes hectic, but always good at Kindred Spirit Farm!

Followers