Monday, February 22, 2010

As you can see from our last post....winter has been scarce here in New Hampshire. The storm that was to hit us last Tuesday brought maybe two inches of snow which promptly melted. Okay by me! I guess I'm enjoying not having to shovel through two feet of snow just to get to the barn...so shoot me! The local ski areas can make snow if they need to, but the weather report for this week sounds pretty promising for them. Hopefully the storm won't hit here and will go south again, but that might be too much to hope for....like I said, so far snow has been pretty scarce. It would probably be too much to ask for.....just one more miss. I'll still fill all of the extra buckets in case of a power outage and Ken will bring in extra wood. It's a sure fire way to keep the snow away!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are faring the storms well. We flooded a bit but didn't lose power at least. Thank goodness spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lost power for about 4 hours and that was it. I don't mind "regular" snow, but this heavy slushy stuff is just plain a pain in the neck....and back....and shoulders!!!! Can't wait for Spring.....and lambs!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ken and I live on a small farm in Center Sandwich, New Hampshire in an area surrounded by lakes and mountains. We have 30 Shetland sheep , 2 llamas...Sam and Tim, 3 dogs, 40+ chickens and an assortment of ducks, geese and guinea hens. Life is sometimes hectic, but always good at Kindred Spirit Farm!

Followers